If your home is not properly secured with hurricane shutters, please make sure you are in a safe place during a hurricane. A list of shelters in Broward County are listed below. Please call ahead and bring your own supplies.
Map, Locations, Numbers (available in Bellsouth yellow pages)
- Keep trees and shrubs trimmed.
- All important documents in water proof container.
- Pets (Food, Water, Tags, Vaccinations)
- Keep fridge at coldest temperature.
- Bring in any objects around home that may blow away.
- Store boat and cars inside garage or warehouse if possible.
- Add chlorine to pool, fill all gas tanks (car).
- Replace broken shingles and clean all drainage systems.
- Turn off all outside electricity.
Hydrogen Peroxide, sterile bandages, gauze pads, rolls, aspirin, antacid, adhesive tape, ointment for burn and cuts, antiseptic/disinfectant spray, eye drops, iodine, latex gloves, tweezers, thermometer.
Flashlights, radio, batteries, fire extinguisher, can opener, candles & lanterns, ice chest, bleach, razor, sterno, tools, cash, soap, scissors, bug repellent, sunscreen, toiletries, heavy cord rope, duct tape, work gloves.